In this example we will step through the process for setting up a Zap that adds a note to Zendesk Sell whenever a client comments on files. The idea is to allow your sales pipeline access to information about interactions with your company from your clients.
You could easily substitute your own CRM into this process, customising the Zendesk Sell steps as required.
- Zapier account
- Digital Pigeon set up to work with Zapier (see Introduction to the Zapier Integration)
- A Zendesk Sell Account
The general process will be to:
- Set up a "Upload File Commented Event" in Digital Pigeon
- Set up an action to find the contact in Zendesk Sell based on the email address of that user
- Create a note in Zendesk sell which is associated with the user found in the previous step
1. Set up a "Upload File Commented Event" in Digital Pigeon
- Create a Zap and choose the Digital Pigeon application which you have been granted access to.
- Select the "List Uploads" action as shown below
- Select your account which will have access to Digital Pigeon. You should already have one set up from your initial Zap setup.
2. Set up an action to find the contact in Zendesk Sell
This step can be substituted with actions in your own CRM. We use the mandatory email address from Digital Pigeon for the person commenting to find the CRM record.
- Select the Zendesk Sell application
- Choose the "Find Contact" action as shown in the image below
- In the "Customise Contact" step we want to fill the "Email" field with the data "Uploader email" from the initial step for listing the "Receives" in Digital Pigeon. See the image below
- This will find a record in your CRM. You could add logic in Zapier to create the Contact if one can't be found as a more complete example.
3. Create a note in Zendesk Sell
The format of the note being created is arbitrary based on your CRM and associated requirements. Please let this serve as an example, not a mandate for implementation.
- Choose to add another action after the "Find Contact" step outlined above and select the Zendesk Sell application.
- Choose the "Create Note" action event as shown in the image below
- In the "Customise Note" step you can construct the note based on the data from the comment. You also need to associate the note with the contact in Step 2 above by choosing "Person" and using the id from that step which we have also shown below.
4. Complete the Zap and turn it on.
This is the last step. When comments are added to files in Digital Pigeon this will trigger the Zap functionality immediately.
For further guidance, check out our short tutorial video below.