The Share feature enables users to quickly share files by adding participants or distributing quick links to other users. The collaborative nature of this feature with its straightforward approach empowers the discussion’s participants.
Advantages of Sharing Files
- Instantaneous sharing; enables you to quickly collaborate with other users by (1) creating a new share, (2) add files, and (3) copy and send links to other participants.
- Optional comprehensive tracking of participants’ activities.
- Enable you to use a single quick link for multiple users or a group of people to access the shared files.
- You can use other platforms to send quick links to participants (e.g. SMS, your own email, etc.)
Step 1 Naming the Shared File and Adding Shared FIle Message (Optional)
Step 2 Defining the Upload Summary Panel
Step 3 Uploading Files to Share
Step 4 Adding Tags (Optional)
Step 5 Start Sharing and Add Participants
Start sharing files using the Share feature. Open the Share menu on the Sidebar Menu and click New to create a new share. You will be directed to an Untitled files page, this is where you begin creating a new share and a start of a discussion.
Participants would love to know what the shared files are all about, adding a Share File label would definitely help. See that Untitled files label? Click it to enable the Title bar, and enter the appropriate Shared File Label.
After adding the label, you may add additional details by entering a brief description of the discussion using the Message field.
The Upload Summary Panel displays important details about your share which includes the creation and expiration dates, number of views, file size and number of files, file server region, feedback status, virus scan status and default design.
The panel also allows quick configuration of the following settings:
- Auto Expiry Settings
- Basic Permissions
- Design and Preview Options
See Upload Summary to know more about this option.
It’s now time to attach and upload the files that you want to share. There are three (3) methods to upload your files:
- Add files: using this attaching option lets you attach files directly from your computer.
- Add a Folder: using this attaching option lets you attach folders from your computer.
- Add files from Dropbox: using this attaching option lets you attach files from your Dropbox.
Note: the Drag & Drop feature is enabled, you can drag the files that you want to share and drop it in the Add Files panel.
The Tags feature lets you tag shared files to organize them for easy search or filter. Use the tag icon to create new tags or use existing ones. See Tags.
To start sharing the files, click Share. Additional options will be enabled and a quick link will be generated to instantly share the files using it.
You can now start adding participants who can access the files using the Options menu’s Add Participant command.
Note: adding participants is optional. You can start using the quick link to start sharing without completely tracking your files. Basic tracking is still applied but you will not be able to differentiate between activities of individual participants.
For important files, we encourage to use the Add Participants feature to ensure your files’ security and enhanced activity monitoring.