Digital Pigeon’s Send feature enables you to send out files using the Send Files form. In this form, you can specify the sending details (i.e. subject, message) and add recipients. Specified recipients will receive unique links used to access the attached files.
Advantages of Sending Files
- Comprehensive tracking of individual users that have access to the files
- Straightforward email-like functionality
- Email address specific; enables you to send files to specific recipients.
- Well controlled access to specified users
These easy steps will guide you through the New Send Process:
Step 1 Opening and filling in the New Send Form
Step 2 Defining the Advanced Sending Options
Step 3 Attaching Files
Step 4 Add Tags (Optional)
Step 5 Choose preferred Sending Options
Start sending files using the Send feature. Open the Send module on the Sidebar Menu and click New to open a Send File Form.
The Send File Form enables you to create a message type file distribution wherein you can specify recipients who can access the uploaded files. This method has a recipient-centric approach. In the Send File Form, specify the sending details by entering the recipients separated by semicolons(;), the subject, and a brief message.
- Recipients: these are users who will receive unique links to access your uploaded files.
- Subject: the Subject will appear as the title or label of the message the recipients will receive.
- Message: the Message field allows you to enter a brief message, instructions, or file descriptions.
The Advanced Sending Options lets you configure the file sending settings. This configuration enables you to:
- Set Auto Expiry Date: allows you to set file expiration date which automatically expires the uploaded files. You can also set auto-archive files on expiration within this option. By default, the file expiry duration is taken from the account's Auto Expiry's default configuration on the Account Settings page.
- Set Password Protect: allows you to set a password to protect your files. Your recipients will not be able to access the files without the password you created. For security purposes, the password will not be included on the links sent out to the recipients. You need to provide the passwords to the recipients for them to access the sent files.
- Specify File Server Region: allows you to specify the file server region, is the geographic region where your files will be stored; the closer the region is to you and the specified recipients, the faster the uploads and downloads will be.
It is best to remember that specifying the File Server Region must be done prior to adding files as you can no longer switch regions after the files are added and uploaded.
- Define Feedback and Approval Settings: enables you and your recipients to markup, comment, and approve files.
- Define Permissions: enables you to set permissions, define limitations, and protect the files by configuring access for recipients and/or quick links.
- Define Recipient Page Theme: enables you to manage designs and preview settings for uploads. You can personalize each parameter to match your preference.
After configuring the Advanced Sending Options, it is time to attach files for upload. There are three (3) methods to upload your files:
- Add Files: using this attaching option lets you attach files directly from your computer.
- Add a Folder: using this attaching option lets you attach folders from your computer
- Add Files from Dropbox: using this attaching option lets you attach files from your Dropbox.
Note: the Drag & Drop option is enabled, you can drag the files that you want to send and drop it in the Add Files panel.
The Tags feature lets you tag sent files to organize them for easy search or filter. Use the tag icon to create new tags or use existing ones. See Tagging Functionality.
Once you’re done with filling in the New Send details and uploading the files, you can now send your message. There are two (2) options for sending messages:
- Send: Clicking the Send button will send your message right away.
- Set Sending Time: This option allows you to delay or set a specific time to send the uploaded files to your recipients.
Watch our short tutorial video for further guidance.